Saturday, January 14, 2012

My First Double Dutch Fold Card

Hello Everyone! Since the weather outside is not very nice I have been working in my craft room. So I decided to try a new style card that I had seen on a website called a "double dutch fold". The concept is that there are 2 flaps that are attached at the bottom on the sides (one to each side), in addition to the normal card flap that is folded at the top of the card.



With my card, I added a scalloped circle die cut to the front on the large main flap and let it overlap the smaller flaps at the bottom. The main image is from "Kate's ABC's" cricut cartridge. I added some additional butterflies that I made with a paper punch and some pink gems. Then I tied some pink fiber around the very top flap. 


All papers are from an older K&Co. mat stack. I matted all sections of the card and inked the edges with lime green chalk ink and Antique Linen Distress ink.


The double flaps.




And of course I had my little (actually he is a tank) helper, Mickey!


I really love how it turned out. I am not sure what occasion it is going to be for, so when I decide I will add a sentiment. Or maybe I will just keep it since I love it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment