Monday, January 2, 2012

Winter Creations

Hello, I hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas and good New Year so far. Now that the busy holidays are past I finally have a moment to post again. Below are a few cards and/or projects I have been working on for the holidays. i hope you like!


These first two cards I made with the Greeting Farm Stamps, for their design team application. Unfortunatly I didnt get picked buy maybe next time!


This is one of my Christmas cards that I made with a new Stampendous Snowman Stamp. I stamped the main image on white cardstock, then again on teal patterned paper. I used scissors to cut out the scarves and hats and then paper pieced them on top of the main image. I did this again on an orange patterned paper and paper pieced the nose. I did this for a final time on another sheet of white cardstock, then stamped in clear ink, a snowflake swirl pattern stamp, on top of the snow man body and head, then used hollagraphic embossing powder to heat set the design ( you cann see it in the 4th photo) and then again used scissors to cut out the body and heads and paper pieced them by gluing them onto the main image. I had to do this last step because the snowflake swirl stamp is actually larger then the snowman so it covered more than the area needed and so I couldnt do it directly on the original main image. For some finishing touches I added white fuzzy flock to their hat trim and then accented the snow withdiamond stickles. It was alot of work but I liked how it turned out.


The inside of the card:
 the sentiment is from Jolly Holidays Cricut Lite Cartridge




This other card is one I made for my Grandmothers Birthday. It was a fiskars clear stamp set.



No comments:

Post a Comment